As a company focusing on fully-mounting new works, especially from Maine-based and New England-based writers, PMTC has an open submissions process for new plays of any length. PMTC wants to be an incubator for new and emerging works and talent, so if you’re a playwright with a new play burning a hole in your hard drive, why not send it to Pie Man?
And now, the particulars.
- Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject line of your email should look something like: “[Play submission] TITLE OF PLAY”
- Please send your play as an attachment to the email, not in the body of the email itself.
- In the body of your email, please include a brief abstract of the play and a brief bio of yourself as playwright. Also include what you’re looking for from PMTC as a potential producing partner.
- Attachments should be in PDF, Word or RTF format.
- Scripts should use standard US stage play formatting (though PMTC is not as rigid about format as some – basically, make it clear, understandable and legible, and PMTC will give it a look)
- Scripts should have a cover sheet with the title of the play, the author’s name and information; subsequent pages should have the title of the play and the page number in the header or the footer of the page.
At this time, PMTC is accepting only electronic submissions at the above-listed email address. If or when this changes, PMTC will update this page and publicize the change.
As this is an open, rolling submissions process, don’t expect to hear from PMTC right away with a decision. Someone from PMTC will contact you within 2 business days of your initial submission to acknowledge receipt, but after that it may be some time. PMTC will endeavor to read and make a decision on your play in a timely fashion; if, for some reason, you haven’t heard from someone at PMTC within 60 days after the initial receipt of the script, please feel free to send a follow-up email.